Who needs a stretch class?... Everyone! And you don’t have to be a Yogi to get a good stretch.
Our stretch classes are designed for athletes, people who sit or work at a desk all day, those seeking to prevent or recover injuries, and those who desire a good stretch but don’t care for yoga (don’t worry we won’t tell). If you already lead an active lifestyle and get your weekly fitness goals met, stretching may be the missing link to take your fitness to the next level. If you’re still not convinced, here are a few of the benefits for your body and your mind.
OUR STRETCH CLASSES
The Benefits of Stretch:
- Help improve flexibility (increases your range of motion)
- Assist in correct posture by lengthening tight muscles that pull areas of the body away from their intended position (because of so much time at our computers, many of us have tight chest muscles which pulls the shoulders and head forward, leaving us with a hunched shoulder look).
- Potential to decrease injury by preparing muscles for work before activity.
- Increases blood and nutrient supply to muscles, thereby possibly reducing muscle soreness.
- Stretching can calm the mind, provide a mental break, and give your body a chance to recharge.
- Classes offer you a chance to spend an hour releasing tension physically and mentally.